Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
A Few Do's and Don'ts
After a water loss in your home or business, safety should be your primary concern and focus. It may or not be safe to stay in your home, call the professionals at SERVPRO of Central Schaumburg/West Bloomingdale immediately to let the professionals enter first and assess the damage, along with the safety. Potential electrical and "slip and fall" hazards could leave your home in potential harm and have the most prevalent concerns. If you choose to enter, ensure you have called us before. Wet material along with furniture can be heavy. Don't try to tackle the damages alone, call the professional team at SERVPRO of Central Schaumburg/ West Bloomingdale anytime day or night.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (630) 942-8440
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.